October 4, 2021

Ministry

October 4 – today  is the 23rd anniversary of my ordination to the Ministry of Word and Sacrament. Some years I have had a quiet day of personal retreat to reflect on ministry, what God has called me to in the past and what new call might be emerging. I did not do that this year. 

October 4 is also the feast day of St. Francis. And today my ministry was less about the church and more about animals. The horse is lame and has to be dosed twice a day. The dog is on meds for neurological issues. One cat is just back from the hospital and is isolated from the rest. Another cat is on anti-depressants for stress. So I have spent time today caring for our animals. And there is ministry in that, too. 

I am thankful for all the ways my calling has stretched and challenged and blessed me. I am grateful for the churches I have served. I rejoice in the blessing of having a ministry in place, in a place that I love, with people that I love. And animals!

 

No comments: