October 16, 2022

Sunrise at Holden Beach

I went to the beach to sew with a group of folks I had never met. A wonderful woman from Virginia hosts a quilting retreat each year near my home, and I signed up last fall. All year I have looked forward to this week. The people were so nice, the food delicious, the sewing soothing. And the scenery was lovely – magnificent sunrises, full moon shining down, ocean waves. 

And then I took a tumble on some unlit stairs in the dark and shattered my patella…. So I came home early to rest up for surgery next week. My sister is waiting on me hand and foot (hand and knee?), and I am not in much pain at this point. And the wonderful women in my sewing room took such good care of me there and have sent me get-well wishes and pillow for propping up my leg. 

It is a little miraculous that people I did not know a week ago are now dear friends! I will see them again next year, if not before on a fabric-shopping excursion. And next time – no stairs in the dark!

 

1 comment:

Maidservant said...

Thought I would take a look at your blog and found your note about the Holden Beach sewing retreat. Yes, we are ETERNAL friends! We will walk the beach, sew on our projects each year, fellowship with food, and someday bask in the presence and light of our Lord and Savior in heaven together.
Glad your surgery went well on your knee so you can move on to recovery.
Love, In Christ, Willow