February 27, 2023

Happy Birthday, Baby Brother!

I remember the day you came home from the hospital. Mama was in the front bedroom (which is now mine) in bed with you nestled in beside her. I was so excited to meet you! I remember running to the kitchen and back to bring a glass of water to Mama, but maybe to you! And I loved you with an undying love. Until at about six months old…. when you pulled the eye off my teddy bear! And Jane and I put you in our doll cribs and played with you like you were a baby doll. And then we had you join in our elaborate “Judy and Sandra” and “Miss Lane and Miss Vane” games. You were either Tommy (our child?) or our dog. You didn’t care – you just played with us! 

We have had lots of adventures over the years (some that involved stitches and switches!) and they have not ended. We love you, baby brother, and give thanks for your life!

 

No comments: